[R-pkg-devel] Warnings with reverse dependencies in mutually dependend packages?

Daniel Lüdecke d.luedecke at uke.de
Tue Aug 25 15:48:16 CEST 2015

I maintain two packages, which are kind of "mutually depending" on each
other. Now I have updated package A, like to submit it - however, it
produces warnings (in my package B) when doing the reverse dependency
check. Yet I cannot fix the warnings in package B and submit it, since
it relies on new functions of package A, which has to be submitted
first... and so on.

My question: is it ok to submit package A, saying that I'm aware of the
warnings in package B, which are already fixed, and that I would submit
package B after package A has been released on CRAN?

Best
Daniel

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg | www.uke.de
Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Göke (Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus, Joachim Prölß, Rainer Schoppik