[R-pkg-devel] Running tests on 32-bit and 64-bit

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon Aug 17 11:03:36 CEST 2015

Dear all,

Is there an easy way to run the tests of a package on both a 32-bit and
64-bit version? Ideally it should work when using R CMD check --as-cran on
all OS's. Although I expect that multi architecture versions are only
available on windows. So a Windows only solution will be fine as well.

The origin of the problem is that I calculate some SHA1 hashed on objects
containing floating point numbers. The floating points have different
precision on 32-bit and 64-bit, and thus different hashes. I'm trying to
work around that problem. And thus need an easy way to run tests on both
32-bit and 64-bit.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest