[R-pkg-devel] CRAN submission which requires third party software?

Charles Determan cdetermanjr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 18:45:47 CEST 2015

Hi Dirk,

I was primarily concerned with the requirement of the SDK.  Strictly
speaking, the SDK isn't actually need it to compile the package (assuming
the CRAN servers have the OpenCL library).  I would just need to have
nearly all the tests skipped on CRAN and the package would essentially be
worthless to someone installing it without the SDK.

Another concern is that the package requires a C++11 compiler.  This isn't
an issue on Linux systems but I don't know how to accomplish a build on
Windows as the Rtools compiler is still using 4.6 (as I am sure you know).

Thanks,
Charles