[R-pkg-devel] CRAN submission which requires third party software?

Charles Determan cdetermanjr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 18:49:10 CEST 2015

I am beginning to reach the completion of a new package I would like to
submit to CRAN.  However, there are a few aspects of it that I would like
some guidance prior to submitting.

1. It requires some third party software (i.e. an OpenCL SDK) to be
installed before it will compile (it contains c++ code).  As such, I don't
believe it would build successfully when submitted to CRAN.  I can verify
it builds and tests successfully on Travis CI but not sure how CRAN would
approach this.

2. It requires a support package which is another header only package which
mirrors the structure of BH.

I know this has been accomplished by some other packages like gputools (
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/gputools/index.html) which requires
the CUDA toolkit to be installed.  I also don't know how to approach the
companion package submission (i.e. that others could use just like the BH
package).

Anyone have any recommendations on how I should prepare for submitting this
package.

Thank you,
Charles