[R-pkg-devel] dplyr usage inside another package

Jennifer Bryan jenny at stat.ubc.ca
Tue Aug 11 01:40:37 CEST 2015

Hi Jonathan,

Re: this note: no visible binding for global variable ‘datetime’

In programming and packages, it is recommended to use special versions of dplyr’s single table verbs, e.g., use `filter_()` as opposed to `filter()`. Note the underscore. The “underscore” functions use standard evaluation instead of non-standard evaluation. This vignette contains more details:

https://cran.rstudio.com/web/packages/dplyr/vignettes/nse.html

HTH,
Jenny