[R-pkg-devel] R CMD build with configure-args

Russell Almond ralmond at macosx.com
Thu Jul 30 23:42:29 CEST 2015

Thanks for the suggestion.  I do have a configure script (that is what
is reading the --with-netica arg) but I didn't think about searching the
standard install locations.  I can probably use that to work around this
problem.

However, that doesn't completely solve the problem.  If I want to force
the configure script to use a non-standard location (say to use an
experimental version of the library), I still need to be able to pass
configure args to INSTALL and check.  I admit the need for doing this
with build is a little bit less clear, although it is also unclear why
build (which is making a source tarball) needs to compile the C code.

	--Russell

--
Russell Almond
Associate Professor, Measurement & Statistics
ralmond at fsu.edu
http://ralmond.net/