[R-pkg-devel] Note about "No repository set, so cyclic dependency check skipped"

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Mon Jul 20 10:53:58 CEST 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 07:36 +0200, Antonio José Saez Castillo wrote:
> When checking a package I am getting
>
> * checking package dependencies ... NOTE
>    No repository set, so cyclic dependency check skipped
>
> This is an old source of discussion and I've found a lot of suggestions,
> but none of them work for me (.Rprofile and/or Rprofile.site edition and
> so). What is more worrying is that I'm also getting this note when I check
> in R-devel on win-builder site (win-builder.r-project.org). There is
> another similar topic in relation to that (
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/No-repository-set-so-cyclic-dependency-check-skipped-td4684184.html),
> but I don't know if it is the same problem.
>
> How can I avoid this note?

This is covered in the Writing R Extensions manual (page 32), but if you
tried creating a .Rprofile file and it didn't work then the problem
might be that it is in the wrong place. On my Windows 7 desktop, R opens
in my "Documents" folder rather than my home directory, so my .Rprofile
folder has to go into "Documents".

Martyn