[R-pkg-devel] invalid URL status 391

Gavin Simpson ucfagls at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:01:54 CEST 2015

Note the "(possibly)"; just explain the URL is correct when/if you
submitted to CRAN. I think this is may be an issue with the function used
to test the URL not being able to follow the redirect. Status codes in the
3xx block relate to redirects but I couldn't find what code 391 means...
but the URL is fine and works currently, though the recommended URL is
actually: http://www.jstor.org/stable/2983411 so you might consider
updating the URL to this one now.

HTH

Gavin

On 13 July 2015 at 10:45, Berry Boessenkool <berryboessenkool at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Good evening (or, depending on your time zone, good morning, night or any
> favorite time of the day),
>
> I get the following NOTE with Rdevel 2015-07-12 r68650  CMD check
> --as-cran:
>
> Found the following (possibly) invalid URLs:
>     From: man/ci.Rd
>
> The other links in the References section work just fine.
>
> My browser changes the url into
> http://www.jstor.org/stable/2983411?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
> but even if I use that link in the Rd file, I still get the note.
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks and have a good night (or, depending on...),
>
> Berry

Gavin Simpson, PhD