[R-pkg-devel] NOTE: Error while checking: invalid 'envir'-argument

Hana Sevcikova hanas at uw.edu
Thu Jul 9 19:58:44 CEST 2015

Alexandra,

I got the same error for this line of code:

e <- new.env()
data("mydataset", envir=e)

As you said it doesn't appear for R 3.2.1. I don't know why that should
be wrong and would be interested to know, but my hack is this:

e <- new.env()
do.call("data", list("mydataset", envir=e))

Hana

On 7/9/15 10:24 AM, peter dalgaard wrote:
> Hi Alexandra,
>
> Is it possible to narrow down a bit more where the message comes from? That error message doesn't give much of a clue.
>
> -pd
>
>> On 09 Jul 2015, at 15:07 , Alexandra Kuznetsova <alku at dtu.dk> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am checking the package with the -as-cran option using R Under
development (unstable) (2015-07-08 r68642). I get the following NOTE:
Error while checking: invalid 'envir'-argument. Does anyone know how to
fix that NOTE? I do not get it with the R 2.3.1