[R-pkg-devel] "apparent S3 methods" note in R CMD check

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jun 10 16:12:46 CEST 2015

Dear list members,

One of the packages I maintain, effects, generates the following note in R
CMD check:

	* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... NOTE
	Found the following apparent S3 methods exported but not registered:
	  all.effects

The offending function, all.effects(), is deprecated in favour of
allEffects(), but I'd rather not get rid of it for backwards compatibility.
Is there any way to suppress the note without removing all.effects()?

To be clear, all.effects() is *not* a method of all(), and is defined as

> effects::all.effects
function (...)
{
    .Deprecated("allEffects")