[R-pkg-devel] CRAN and CMake

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 00:23:27 CEST 2015

On 09/06/2015 6:10 PM, Gregory Jefferis wrote:

>> On 9 Jun 2015, at 22:08, Gábor Csárdi <csardi.gabor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks! I just looked at it, but it seems that it actually requires an
>> external system cmake. I am trying to put cmake itself into a package.
>
> This one:
>
> https://github.com/stnava/cmaker
>
> I remember now there is another cmaker!

The DESCRIPTION file says this:

OS_type: unix
SystemRequirements: clang (recommended)

One of the CRAN policies is "Package authors should make all reasonable
efforts to provide cross-platform portable code."  cmake describes
itself as a cross-platform solution and offers Windows binaries, so does
it really make sense to limit it to Unix?

Also of concern are the export restrictions on this page:

http://www.cmake.org/download/

I suspect CRAN isn't going to want to be involved with those.