[R-pkg-devel] license for package

Drew Schmidt schmidt at math.utk.edu
Sat May 30 01:52:55 CEST 2015

On 05/29/2015 03:31 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Well neither you nor I are lawyers but folks at eg
>
>    Software Freedom Conservancy (https://sfconservancy.org/) and
>
>    Software Freedom Law Center (https://www.softwarefreedom.org/)
>
> are, and they have views on this that differ from yours.

I don't recall stating my views on this topic.  My goal in this exchange
was to provide differing legal opinion (via the link) to the FSF's
notion of "derivative work" in the case of dynamic linking.

If by your additional comments you mean to suggest that someone should
approach the issue cautiously, I couldn't agree more.  But, until this
is resolved in court, behaving as though the matter is already settled
is duplicitous, in my opinion.

But this is hastily drifting away from the original topic, and I
apologize for causing the digression.

-Drew