[R-pkg-devel] Extending MIT software

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Thu May 28 17:59:40 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am not a lawyer, but as far as I know, the MIT license allows
re-licensing of derived work under the GPL.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License_compatibility

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License

So what speaks against releasing your derived work under the GPL >= 2?

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Petzoldt
Technische Universitaet Dresden