[R-pkg-devel] CRAN check for package on Sparc Solaris (or other architectures)

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue May 26 10:06:06 CEST 2015

I was afraid so. In some of the previous exchanges, Martyn Plummer apparently offered help, but this was for solaris-x86, not sparc.

Heck, many years ago, I used to own a SPARCstation 20 -- not that it would run Solaris 10 (need an ultrasparc for that). I even started browsing a couple days ago for places where I could get my hands on a second-hand Blade workstation or something along those lines -- if I could help with resolving issues on Sparc Solaris, I wouldn't mind helping out that way. Added bonus: If I set up the machine in my office, it would definitely help to reinforce my status as the weird stats guy that seems to be in love with his computers (some of which looks really strange). Plus the added fan noise would help to drown out anything else going on in the hallways.

Best,
Wolfgang