Hi,

Can anyone please advise if there is a neat way to 'share' libraries of
(previously developed) S+ code with R?  

Specifically, within S+ I can use the attach(what = "<Chapter Directory>",
pos = 2) command, to retrieve previously developed functions and variables
to position 2 in the search list.  [Some may be intentionally masked by
what's in the current working chapter].  Can I similarly directly retrieve
these functions and variables within R at position 2 in the search list?  

I have been able to achieve limited success via data.dump (within S+) and
subsequent data.restore functionality (within R).  I have intentionally NOT
restored objects beginning with "." (via use of initial argument
objects(pos, regexpr.pattern = "^[^.]" within S+ data.dump command) because
of issues with .Random.seed due to differing random number generation
methodologies between S+ and R.  I would wish to maintain this rationale of
not including such "." objects if possible.  Also, I am not sure how to
restore objects to (a new R object at) position 2 as opposed to my workspace
(env argument defaulting to .GlobalEnv) via data.restore?

With regard to the 'attach' functionality within R I have been able to
retrieve previous functions developed within R and saved as an R data file.
So maybe my issue boils down to 'converting' the S+ <Chapter Directory> into
an R data file?  I hope there is indeed such a simple solution.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and kind regards
Paul  


**********************************************************************************
Irish Life Investment Managers Limited is authorised by the Financial Regulator under Section 10 of the Investment Intermediaries Act, 1995. 

While Irish Life Investment Managers uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in this email is current, accurate and complete at the date of publication, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. Irish Life Investment Managers therefore cannot be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information contained in this email. 

This material is for information only and does not constitute an offer or recommendation to buy or sell any investment, or subscribe to any investment management or advisory service. It is intended for the use of institutional and other professional investors. Past performance is not indicative of future results. The value of funds we manage may fall as well as rise.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidentia...{{dropped}}


