[R] JASP vs R

Ioannis Dimakos |o@nn|@@d|m@ko@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 17 09:37:33 CEST 2024

There is also the possibility of JAMOVI, https://www.jamovi.org/
Both jamovi and jasp are using R behind the scenes. It all comes down to
how comfortable you feel with the interface.
I prefer jamovi to jasp.

My 0.02€

Ioannis Dimakos
+++++++++

On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 9:49 AM tgs77m--- via R-help <r-help using r-project.org>
wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> Many of my colleagues come to me for a recommendation for statistical
> software.
> Since I am an R user, that's my typical answer.
> Some colleagues of mine refuse to use it because of its steep learning
> curve
> and lack of a GUI.
> They wanted a statistical software that's free and that had a GUI.
>
> I recently learned about JASP. See https://jasp-stats.org/ for more
> details
> This may be an answer to their needs.
>
> Does anyone out their have any experience with this?
>
> Thomas Subia

Ioannis Dimakos, PhD
University of Patras
Dept. of Education & Social Work