[R] Positron as a tool

Stephen H. Dawson, DSL @erv|ce @end|ng |rom @hd@w@on@com
Fri Jun 28 17:56:47 CEST 2024

The gap I see is in the database engine monitoring.

MySQL has discontinued development of Workbench. Percona Monitoring and
Management seems nice, but not as integrated in IDE as I would prefer.

A Positron tool proposed by the vendor is positioned as a data science
tool. The ability to know if any R work is killing the DB by overloading
it is still a missing piece of the IDE picture without running multiple
code monitoring sections in watch windows.

*Stephen Dawson, DSL*
/Executive Strategy Consultant/
Business & Technology
+1 (865) 804-3454