[R] Converting .grib to excel file

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 25 18:17:14 CEST 2024

Hi,

While Bert is correct that there are plenty of tools, my preferred approach
is to use the terra package to load a grib as a raster stack.

From there, it's straightforward to use all the spatial tools with the
data, or to extract it in whatever form and with whatever dimensions you
wish.

GIven the multidimensional nature of the data, "straightforward" may
require some fiddling to get the format and variables you want in the way
you want them.

Sarah

On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 4:33 AM javad bayat <j.bayat194 using gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all;
> I have downloaded meteorology data from "
>
> https://cds.climate.copernicus.eu/cdsapp#!/dataset/reanalysis-era5-single-levels?tab=form
> "
> as .grib format. It has hourly data of a complete year (every hour of every
> day of 12 months) and has 6 meteorology parameters. The file has been
> attached.
> I am trying to convert it to an excel file that puts every parameter in a
> separated column. For instance, the first col represents Date, 2nd
> represents Temperature and so on.
> Is there any way to do it?
> I used these codes but did not work:
> # install.packages("rNOMADS")
>
> library(rNOMADS)
>
> # Read GRIB data
> grib_data <- ReadGrib("C:/Users/admin/Downloads/Met.grib")
>
> # Convert to a data frame
> grib_df <- as.data.frame(grib_data)
>
> # Write the data frame to a CSV file
> write.csv(grib_df, file = "output.csv")
>

> I would be more than happy if anyone could help me.
> Sincerely
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Javad Bayat
> M.Sc. Environment Engineering
> Alternative Mail: bayat194 using yahoo.com

Sarah Goslee (she/her)
http://www.sarahgoslee.com