[R] Integration of functions with a vector argument

Levine, Michael m|ev|n@ @end|ng |rom purdue@edu
Tue Jun 11 20:44:08 CEST 2024

Hello all,

I have a question concerning integration of a function of a multivariate argument with respect to one or more variables in r.  Let us say we have a function

F <- function(x){ body of the function}

Where x is, in general, a d by 1 vector with d>1.  Now I want to integrate out some of the coordinates of x, e.g. x[1] or x[2] or both of them etc. I'm well aware of how to integrate out e.g. y if a function is defined as f <- function (x,y) {body of the function} where y is a scalar.
However, it seems to be quite difficult to do the same if the function is defined with a vector argument x. At the very least, I haven't seen any good examples of this being done.
Any suggestions?

Yours sincerely,
Michael

Michael Levine