[R] R facets including two kinds of charts

Thu Aug 1 21:44:57 CEST 2024

Hello,

I hadn't understood the problem, sorry.
The problem are the bar plots, ggplot is plotting one in the "A" facet.
And since there is nothing to plot, the bars start at 0.

A hack is to plot facet "A" separately and then combine the plots with
one of several ways to combine ggplot plots. Below is an example with
cowplot::plot_grid

library(ggplot2)
library(dplyr)
library(cowplot)

p1 <- df %>%
   filter(nm == "A") %>%
   ggplot(aes(x = date)) +
   geom_line(aes(y = val2)) +
   facet_wrap(~ nm, scales = "free_y") +
   theme(plot.margin = unit(c(0.2, 0, 0.1, 0), "cm"))

p2 <- df %>%
   filter(nm != "A") %>%
   ggplot(aes(x = date)) +
   geom_col(aes(y = val0), na.rm = TRUE, fill = "white") +
   geom_line(aes(y = val1)) +
   ylab("") +
   facet_wrap(~ nm, scales = "free_y")

plot_grid(p1, p2, rel_widths = c(1, 2))

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

--
Este e-mail foi analisado pelo software antivírus AVG para verificar a presença de vírus.
www.avg.com