[R] prop.trend.test

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 8 07:40:47 CEST 2023

You might want to consider exponential smoothing models such as Holt's
(Double Exponential Smoothing).
This method continually updates the trend parameter, and you can
monitor the most recent value (for sign, or magnitude, or both).

In R, some choices to fit the Holt model:

1. stats::HoltWinters() and set the gamma argument to FALSE for a
non-seasonal model
2. forecast::holt()

HTH,
Eric