[R] stopping R emails

Thu Oct 19 14:31:09 CEST 2023

    > Dear Juel,

    > The R lists are automated, and while there is probably
    > someone with access to remove particular subscribers, it
    > is generally easier to UNSUBSCRIBE to them.

    > I believe Jim was on several lists. The full collection is
    > at https://www.r-project.org/mail.html

As (R mailing lists) *Site* maintainer, I can remove subscribers
from all lists at once.

I have done so with Jim's e-mail (above).
The result was that the address was unsubscribed from
R-help  and  R-package-devel, no others.

    > The main help list can be unsubscribed as described at the
    > bottom of most postings:

    > I am copying this to the R-help list to inform other users
    > so hopefully you don't get multiple similar messages. So
    > you will likely see the msg copied there before you manage
    > to unsubscribe.

    > With condolences,
    > John Nash

>From me, as well.

Jim Lemon has been one of the frequent really *friendly*
and patient "helpers" to many who have searched for support and
help on the R mailing lists (R-help and R-package-devel, see above).
His death is indeed a loss to the R community.

Best regards,
Martin

--
Martin Maechler