[R] Problem with compatible library versions

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Wed Oct 11 18:43:20 CEST 2023

No.

In 10 years you may have different hardware and a different OS, so that
the old R and old packages won't run on the new hardware or produce
different results. This may even happen for some sort of containers and
virtualizations.

To be really safe, you ideally need to keep the whole system as is (but
then there are security updates etc).

Best,
Uwe Ligges