[R] OK, next Q - a sort of factorial on a vector

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 20 20:02:25 CEST 2023

Hi Philip,
In the decades since you learned R there have been some additions to the
language.
In particular, R now supports lambda functions.
Applying this feature to Ivan's beautiful solution cuts down 7 characters
(continuing his golfing analogy)

unlist(lapply(seq_along(x), \(i) x[i] * x[-(1:i)]))

Enjoy your return to R!