[R] Problems with installing R packages from source and running C++ in R, even on fresh R installation

Thu Aug 31 14:34:28 CEST 2023

В Thu, 31 Aug 2023 11:57:06 +0000
Christophe Bousquet <chr_bousquet using protonmail.com> пишет:

> > tools::Rcmd('SHLIB -n hello.c')
> > tools::Rcmd('SHLIB hello.c')
> >
> > What do the commands print? Does the second command fail?
>
> I basically get no output from the two commands, apart from a new
> blank R prompt.

So starting a new Rcmd.exe process fails for some reason.

If you take the same R session where the environment variables are
right and Sys.which() resolves Make and GCC and try to run
tools:::.shlib_internal(c('-n', 'hello.c')) or
tools:::.shlib_internal('hello.c'), does it do something useful?

(I'm still debugging from first principles. Duncan Murdoch is likely
right that adding the environment variables, either
RTOOLS43_HOME=c:/rtools43 or adjusting PATH as described above, could
help.)

--
Best regards,
Ivan