[R] Book Recommendation

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Mon Aug 28 21:42:38 CEST 2023

library(sos)
(sql <- findFn('SQL'))

# This opened two tabs in the default browser on my computer just now.
The second tab lists 298 different packages with help pages containing
"SQL", sorted to put the package with the most matches first.  The first
tab lists 1900 different help pages, sorted to put the highest ranking
package first.

installPackages(sql)

# This installs the highest ranking packages, because the 'sos' code
knows how to get more information about installed packages than about
ones that are not installed. To get that information, I followed this
"installPackages(sql)" with:

sqo

# Hadley Wickham is listed as an author on 14 of those packages. The
RSQL and RSQLite are numbers 22 and 50 on that list.  RMySQL and
RPostgreSQL are numbers 48 and 31, respectively.

	  If you are looking for course content, I suggest you consider using
findFn with SQL and applications of greatest interest to your target
audience.

	  Spencer Graves

p.s.  DISCLAIMER:  I'm the lead author and maintainer of the sos package.