[R] Unable to install gsynth without life package

Tariq Khasiri t@r|qkh@@|r| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 31 19:31:11 CEST 2022

Dear Mr. Krylov and Mr Ebert,

Much appreciate your valuable input regarding the issue. As per suggestion,
I installed lfe separately to see if I can get around the issue.

When I'm trying to *install directly from CRAN I'm getting the following
error*

However, I contacted the developer of the pakcaged and waiting on his
reply. Can't thank both of you enough still caring enough to give me some
of your time to resolve this issue.
Code:

ld: warning: directory not found for option
'-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin18/8.2.0'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib'
ld: library not found for -lgfortran
make: *** [gsynth.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘gsynth’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/gsynth’
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘gsynth’ had non-zero exit status