[R] Unable to install gsynth without life package

Tariq Khasiri t@r|qkh@@|r| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 31 06:08:04 CEST 2022

Hello R Community,

I'm trying to install Gsynth packaged from the instruction given on this
website ( https://yiqingxu.org/packages/gsynth/index.html ). Out of all the
dependency packages lfe is removed from CRAN I believe. Therefore, I'm
unable to install gsynth. I've looked for the solution on google but
nothing helped so far.

Any suggestion I how I can install lfe and eventually install gsynth
successfully? All the dependency packages are given on the link above
where the developer built the package.

ERROR: dependency ‘lfe’ is not available for package ‘gsynth’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/gsynth’
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘gsynth’ had a non-zero exit status