[R] if zlib version >= 1.2.5... no

Stacey Stein @t@ceyk@te|n @end|ng |rom |c|oud@com
Sun May 29 19:19:34 CEST 2022

Hi.

I'm a novice programmer trying to cross-compile R 4.2.0 on my up to date Intel Mac and get the same error about not having an updated zlib as previously was mentioned 5 years ago:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2017-January/444162.html

I have the latest zlib 1.2.12 and headers installed on my Mac and suspect it is the same problem. Has anyone else had the same problem with compiling R 4.2.0 from source with zlib 1.2.12? Is there any work around I should I for now go back to try and cross- compiling a previous R version from source?

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my iPad