[R] (no subject)

Avi Gross @v|gro@@ @end|ng |rom ver|zon@net
Fri May 6 01:40:28 CEST 2022

I get suspicious about patterns. A similar request from a gmail account with another username was made just a day ago on a Python mailing list asking about learning that language. That user has not responded so far to anything people replied.
Hopefully this is not yet another person getting their jollies by having others waste their time.
I now refuse to answer overly general requests that tell us nothing about the background of the person and are not really about more specific aspects of the language. As noted, there are plenty of free resources on the Internet in text form and even classes as well as free library books if you live in an area  that has them and of course books and classes you can pay for. But what works for a person with zero programming experience is not what someone who knows multiple languages already needs and so on.
I apologize if I am wrong and see patterns where there may be none. But unless a new semester is starting somewhere, why would we get such requests in early May?
I also note the request is not limited to R but programming in general. I don't volunteer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us>
To: r-help using r-project.org; Ariyan Khayer <ariyankhayer23 using gmail.com>
Sent: Thu, May 5, 2022 7:28 pm
Subject: Re: [R] (no subject)

Sigh. You _do_ have a source... the Internet.

But to get off the dime, try https://rstudio-education.github.io/hopr. Once you have some familiarity with basic programming concepts in R, do read the manuals that come with R when you install it... and for contributed packages, vignettes are particularly useful.