[R] customizing edit.data.frame

Jeremie Juste jerem|eju@te @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 3 23:49:06 CEST 2022

Hello Petr
On Monday,  2 May 2022 at 08:26, PIKAL Petr wrote:
> I do not have much experience with Linux, Rstudio and ESS, but you can
> customise R startup by .Rprofile.site .Rconsole files which are situated in
> /etc directory of your installation

Many thanks for the lead.
modifying /etc/.Rconsole, did the job, although I admit that I had to
use the modify the preferences in detault R-GUI on windows to find the right variable names.

If anyone else finds the the red grid of edit(data.frame())
difficult to use, the following modification might be handy. :-)

## Colours for console and pager(s)

background = white
normaltext = navy
usertext = black
pagerbg = white
pagertext = navy
highlight = DarkRed
dataeditbg = white
dataedittext = navy
dataedituser = gray59
editorbg = white
editortext = black

And I confirm that the above work regardless of the client ESS,RStudio,
R-Gui, on windows.

Best regards,
Jeremie