[R] Where is list.names?

Wed Mar 30 11:48:51 CEST 2022

В Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:27:05 +0200
Göran Broström <goran.brostrom using umu.se> пишет:

> I can guess what 'list.names' is (from the documentation), but where
> and how is it defined?

Interesting! It's defined first thing inside the function, so by the
time the function tries to use the argument, list.names exists and can
be called, but for all other purposes, it's not there.

What if you don't set a default value for dnn in your wrapper or even
mention dnn as a formal argument in your wrapper? In many cases, it's
possible to forward missing arguments to functions and have them do the
right thing. The only other solution I can think of is non-standard
evaluation.

--
Best regards,
Ivan