[R] panel.rect and log scale in lattice plot

Garbade, Sven Sven@G@rb@de @end|ng |rom med@un|-he|de|berg@de
Wed Mar 23 10:38:34 CET 2022

Dear all,

I posted this on Stack Overflow, but there is no response, so I try it here again.

I'm wondering about how to draw a highlighted rectangle with log y-axis in a trellis/lattice plot. My idea was to use panel.rect(), which works without a log scale:

library(lattice)

set.seed(1)

y <- runif(100, min=1, max=1000)
x <- seq_along(y)

xyplot(y ~ x,
       panel=function(x,y,...) {
           cpl <- current.panel.limits()
           panel.rect(xleft=cpl$xlim[1], ybottom=10,
                      xright=cpl$xlim[2], ytop=500,
                      fill="lightgray", border="lightgray", alpha=.6)
           panel.xyplot(x,y,...)

       },
       scales=list(y=list(log=FALSE))
       )

However, when log=TRUE, the rectangle disappears.

Are there any ideas? Thanks, Sven

<https://mail.med.uni-heidelberg.de/questions/tagged/,DanaInfo=stackoverflow.com,SSL+r>