[R] dev.size() does not return correct size on 4K screen

Martijn Tennekes mtenneke@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 3 11:03:44 CET 2022

Thank you, Peter!

 From xdpyinfo I got

screen #0:
   dimensions:    5120x2880 pixels (903x508 millimeters)
   resolution:    144x144 dots per inch

According to these specs my screen should have a sqrt((5120/144)^2 +
(2880/144)^2) = 40.8" diagonal.

However, in practice it is 27", so that perfectly explains the 1.5
factor difference.

In RStudio, dev.size() is not equal to par("fin"), which caused the
problem for me. I the R terminal, these two are equal. I'll post this in
the RStudio issue list.

Best,

Martijn