[R] mice: selecting small subset of variables to impute from dataset with many variables (> 2500)

Thu Jul 14 20:09:52 CEST 2022

If I understand your query correctly, you can use negative indexing to
omit variables. See ?'[' for details.

> dat <- data.frame (a = 1:3, b = letters[1:3], c = 4:6, d = letters[5:7])
> dat
  a b c d
1 1 a 4 e
2 2 b 5 f
3 3 c 6 g
> dat[,-c(2,4)]
  a c
1 1 4
2 2 5
3 3 6

Of course you have to know the numerical index of the columns you wish
to omit, but somethingh of the sort seems unavoidable in any case.

Cheers,
Bert