[R] is.na with lists....

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Sat Jul 2 20:18:08 CEST 2022

Dear Andrew,
                      It's working! Thanks... I thought the following

> length(is.na(c(1,2,3,NA)))

would return

[1] 1

But got to know the difference ... thanks.

Yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI
________________________________
From: Andrew Simmons <akwsimmo using gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2022 11:36 PM
To: akshay kulkarni <akshay_e4 using hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [R] is.na with lists....

It's supposed to match the length. Perhaps you meant to use which(is.na<http://is.na>())?

On Sat, Jul 2, 2022, 14:04 akshay kulkarni <akshay_e4 using hotmail.com<mailto:akshay_e4 using hotmail.com>> wrote:
Dear memebers,
                            I have list of stock data OHLCData for 500 stocks, 15 of whom are NA's. The following is the code:

require(quantmod)
getOHLCData <- function(NSESym) {
  OHLCData1 <- list()
  for(i in 1:500){
    OHLCData1[[i]] <- tryCatch(getSymbols(NSESym[i], auto.assign=FALSE),
                          error = function (e) {print(i); return(NA)})

  }
  return(OHLCData1)
}

 OHLCData <- getOHLCData(NSESym)