[R] A humble request

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Sat Jul 2 19:42:26 CEST 2022

On 7/2/22 12:30 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

>> On Jul 2, 2022, at 9:32 AM, Muhammad Zubair Chishti <mzchishti using eco.qau.edu.pk> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Respected Sir,
>> Thank you for the quick response. However, the link your shared provides
>> the old version of wmtsa that is not working in R 4.2.0.
>> Can you please tell me any other solution for this issue?
>
> Your response suggests that you do not understand how one installs a source package for R. You probably need to educate yourself about how to compile packages from source. Since the process is different for Linux, MacOS, and Windows, you would need to pay attention to the specific requirements of your unnamed OS.

BUT you do not need to compile the entire package to use a function in
it:  You only need to source that particular function ... and any others
it calls that you don't already have ;-)  That simplifies the task
greatly.  With luck, Muhammad Zubair Chishti can source only the desired
functions, and they will run and do what is desired with no further
effort.  If not, Muhammad can be guided by the error message(s):  If
they complain that a certain function is not available, Muhammad can
find it and source it.  If the problem is more subtle, Muhammad can use
"debug", as I earlier suggested.  Spencer Graves