[R] progress of LDA algorithm...

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Sat Jan 29 17:27:00 CET 2022

dear members,
                          I want to run LDA(latent Dirichlet allocation) on certain news articles. i have the following questions:

  1.  Is there any way to know the progress of the execution of the LDA algorithm?
  2.  I read in SO that if you have more memory, faster is the execution time of LDA. I am using AWS z1d instance with 48 cores and about 325 GB RAM. I have multiple categories of news, but one of them is much larger than others, containing about 25000 articles. Is it preferable to send those categories individually to different processors, and whether R frees up the memory after running on the smaller categories so that the largest category can run with more memory? Or is it preferable to first run the smaller sets, finish the job, and then run the largest category?

Thanking You,
Yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI