[R] Pixel Image Reshaping using R

Thu Feb 24 19:25:43 CET 2022

On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:12:16 -0500
Paul Bernal <paulbernal07 using gmail.com> wrote:

> dataframe_train <- as.matrix((read.csv(file_path_2, header=TRUE,
> stringsAsFactors = FALSE)))

Have you removed the first column containing the labels?

> dim(dataframe_train) <- c(28,28)

This assumes that dataframe_train is a single 784-element vector.
Presumably, it's a whole matrix containing many such vectors as rows.

> Would this do the work to reshape original dataset into a 28 x 28
> matrix?

Probably not. Use image() to plot a matrix and check. Wouldn't you want
the original dataset to consist of many such matrices, that is, a
three-way array?

> When I print the original dataframe I get the message:
> [ reached getOption("max.print") -- omitted 41999 rows ] this only
> means that R will not pront the whole data, but is not trimming
> anything right?

That's right. Use str() to examine objects. Most of them (except long
and/or deeply nested lists) should produce shorter output that's easier
to understand.

--
Best regards,
Ivan