[R] R 4.2.0: write.table() "clipboard-1024" copies only columns name

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 28 19:10:06 CEST 2022

On 4/28/22 16:02, Jinsong Zhao wrote:
> Hi Sergiy,
>
> I can confirm this. I don't find any bug report related with
> "clipboard" on bugzilla. I will open a bug report.

I confirm this is a bug in the connections code implementation of
"clipboard". R 4.2 has a new version which uses Unicode and
unfortunately with this bug which has not been discovered before
release. Now fixed in R-devel and R-patched, so will be fixed in R 4.2.1.

The bug only affects Windows, only writing to clipboard in subsequent
operations, and only the connections code.

There is also clipboard support in base R in the utils package, e.g.
writeClipboard(), which is not affected.

However, I don't see how it would easily solve the problem at hand. One
could write to a file, then read it, and then pass it to writeClipboard,
but once we have the file, we can also read it directly.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Tomas