[R] Convert one rectangle into two rectangles

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 27 11:59:21 CEST 2022

Hi javad,
Let's think about it a little. There are only two ways you can divide
a rectangle into two other rectangles.
The dividing line must be straight and parallel to one side or the
other or you won't get two rectangles.
If there are no other constraints, you can take your pick.
A                  E                    B
-------------------------------------
|                   |                       |
C                 F                       D

AE = CF = 0.45 * AB

Alternatively the same equation can be used on the shorter sides.
If you want to cut it across the length, you can do it with an abacus.
While the IrregLong package can produce an abacus plot, I was unable
to find an R-based abacus.
For that I suggest:
https://toytheater.com/abacus/

Jim