[R] EFA with Complex Survey Data (Incl. Replicate Weights)

Anthony Damico @jd@m|co @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Apr 2 22:14:13 CEST 2022

hi!  after loading the survey library, i believe you might want to create a
`svrepdesign()` object that matches the SAS syntax published here?

https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/hsls09/pdf/2011328_1.pdf#page=174

...not sure if you need combined.weights = FALSE option added to the
svrepdesign() call, but it looks like your complex survey design should
look roughly like this?

hsls09_design <- svrepdesign( data = data_frame_with_hsls09 , type="BRR",
weights = ~w1student , repweights="w1student[0-9]+" )

from there, you could look to the examples posted on the ?svyfactanal help
page and use your design=hsls09_design rather than the example dataset
design=dclus1