[R] on thread hijacking

Greg Minshall m|n@h@|| @end|ng |rom um|ch@edu
Thu Sep 30 06:15:47 CEST 2021

Giuseppe,

Jeff mentioned "thread hijacking".  in case you're not familiar with the
term, you could look here
----
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/
----
and search for "hijacking" or "in-reply-to".

basically, afaik, when you want to send e-mail to the *same* list, but
on a *different* topic, you should

- change the subject line (to something appropriate to your new
  subject), and
- remove the "In-reply-to" header from your reply.

for example, in replying to you, i changed the subject line (as you
see), and removed this following in-reply-to header from the e-mail
headers in my reply (my e-mail reader generated this header when i hit
"reply" on your e-mail):

(probably more than you wanted to know; but ... :)

cheers, Greg