[R] How to install package meta on Linux Ubuntu 21?

Kevin Thorpe kev|n@thorpe @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Wed Sep 29 18:53:14 CEST 2021

It looks to me like you do not have the development packages installed in Ubuntu. These should be easy to obtain with a suitable apt-get command, but since I am not a primary Ubuntu user, I do not know the package names.