[R] Unusual Error Loading tidyverse
murdoch@dunc@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 24 21:26:41 CEST 2021
It is worth checking that the library where things were most recently
installed is the first place R looks, i.e. the first entry in
.libPaths(). Often R is installed by an administrator, and users can't
write to the main library, so when they install packages they go
somewhere else. If "somewhere else" isn't first in .libPaths(), R won't
see the new installs.
On 24/09/2021 2:04 p.m., Kevin Thorpe wrote:
> I did try installing xml2 and it appeared to complete. I will ask him to try again and send me the output.
>> On Sep 24, 2021, at 1:58 PM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>> Seems like they should install the xml2 package before proceeding to load whatever (tidyverse).
>> This kind of "dependency missing" problem tends to be a recurring problem particularly on Windows but in general when some deeply-embedded dependency fails to load or is removed in preparation for upgrading.
>> On September 24, 2021 10:40:41 AM PDT, Kevin Thorpe <kevin.thorpe using utoronto.ca> wrote:
>>> Below is some output from one of my students. I have never seen this error and tried a few things (updating packages for one) but am at a loss to help further. Would appreciate suggestions that I can pass along.
>>> Here is the error. I tried an install.packages(“xml2”) which appeared to complete but the error persists.
>>> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib):
>>> DLL ‘xml2’ not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?
>>> Here is the sessionInfo()
>>> R version 4.1.1 (2021-08-10)
>>> Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
>>> Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19042)
>>> Matrix products: default
>>>  LC_COLLATE=English_Canada.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_Canada.1252 LC_MONETARY=English_Canada.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
>>>  LC_TIME=English_Canada.1252
>>> attached base packages:
>>>  stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base
>>> loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
>>>  Rcpp_1.0.7 cellranger_1.1.0 pillar_1.6.2 compiler_4.1.1 dbplyr_2.1.1 forcats_0.5.1 tools_4.1.1
>>>  jsonlite_1.7.2 lubridate_1.7.10 lifecycle_1.0.0 tibble_3.1.4 gtable_0.3.0 pkgconfig_2.0.3 rlang_0.4.11
>>>  reprex_2.0.1 DBI_1.1.1 haven_2.4.3 withr_2.4.2 dplyr_1.0.7 httr_1.4.2 fs_1.5.0
>>>  generics_0.1.0 vctrs_0.3.8 hms_1.1.0 grid_4.1.1 tidyselect_1.1.1 glue_1.4.2 R6_2.5.1
>>>  fansi_0.5.0 readxl_1.3.1 tzdb_0.1.2 tidyr_1.1.3 ggplot2_3.3.5 purrr_0.3.4 readr_2.0.1
>>>  modelr_0.1.8 magrittr_2.0.1 backports_1.2.1 scales_1.1.1 ellipsis_0.3.2 assertthat_0.2.1 colorspace_2.0-2
>>>  utf8_1.2.2 munsell_0.5.0 broom_0.7.9 crayon_1.4.1
>> Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.
More information about the R-help