[R] Improvement: function cut

Leonard Mada |eo@m@d@ @end|ng |rom @yon|c@eu
Sat Sep 18 00:39:14 CEST 2021

Why would you want to merge different factors?

It makes no sense on real data. Even if some names are the same, the
factors are not the same!

The only real-data application that springs to mind is censoring (right
or left, depending on the choice): but here we have both open and closed
intervals, e.g. to the right (in the same data-set).

Leonard