[R] I'd like to request that my R CRAN package is not tested on Solaris OS

Kevin Wright kw@@t@t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 29 20:49:53 CEST 2021

Lampros,

You can use Rhub for testing packages on various platforms.  I had a
similar issue to you...I had a tiny bug that was only failing on M1mac.  I
was able to resolve it by repeatedly testing my package on Rhub.  Here's
how I did that:
https://github.com/kwstat/nipals/issues/5

Kevin Wright

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 6:13 AM lampros mouselimis <
mouselimislampros using gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear R-help team,
>
> I'm the maintainer of the textTinyR package. Currently the package fails on
> the Solaris Operating System (OS), you can see the results in the following
> weblink:
> https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_textTinyR.html
>
> All my packages are tested on Solaris OS automatically but I never check my
> R packages before submitting to CRAN on Solaris OS because I don't have any
> experience using it. I also won't be in place to fix this error (even if I
> utilize a Virtual Machine). Due to the fact that my package works on Linux,
> Windows and Macintosh (I can fix the errors in all these three OS because I
> have installations in my Computer) can I request to exclude the textTinyR
> package from the Solaris OS testing / CRAN checking (that means the Solaris
> test frameworks will not appear in the CRAN Package test results page)?
> Moreover, whom should I send an e-mail to make this request?
>
> I processed the data of all current packages on CRAN
> <https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_summary_by_package.html> and
> there are 153 submitted packages that are not tested on Solaris (I attach
> the csv file of these packages in this e-mail), which means it's possible
> for a package to not be tested on this OS.
>
> I'd like an answer before the 27th October otherwise the package will be
> removed from CRAN.
>
> Thank you in advance and for your time,
> Lampros Mouselimis

Kevin Wright