[R] creating a new variable and merging it on the dataframe

Grzegorz Smoliński g@@mo||n@k|1 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 18 14:09:51 CEST 2021

Hi,

If you had really just used:

wbpractice %>%
mutate(gap = total.food.exp-total.nfood.exp)  #gen a variable

and then checked by:

names(wbpractice)

then the problem is just with missed assignment, i.e. it should be:

wbpractice <- wbpractice %>%
mutate(gap = total.food.exp-total.nfood.exp)  #gen a variable

Best regards,
Grzegorz