[R] How to read from a file within a gzipped file

Mon Oct 11 19:16:52 CEST 2021

Hello,

You can create a connection and read from it.

desc <- "X:/Mkt Science/Projects/ tv/202109.ext/tsa.20210901.xml.zip"
fname <- "20210901.socioDemos.a.xml"
zz <- unz(desc, fname)

Now read from zz. Example:

xml <- XML::xmlParse(zz)