[R] Help with strange RGui behavior? Will not consistently run source.

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Nov 18 18:18:06 CET 2021

HI Stephen,
The reason I suggested the test was that I had a real flakey and
annoying GUI problem a couple of years ago.
It had to do with selection by mouse etc. The IT group could not
reproduce the problem (when they connected remotely) and I realized
that when I worked from home I also avoided the problem.
By fluke I found that when the problem arose I could "fix it"
(temporarily) by disconnecting/reconnecting my USB keyboard. My point
is that the problem was some weird interaction between hardware and
software. Eventually the problem more or less disappeared with some
updated version of Windows 10. (I was somewhat relieved to find that a
lot of people were complaining of the same symptoms, but no one could
provide a fix that worked for me.)

Good luck!